Import Data From QuickBooks® Online
- Import Diagrams
- Steps Involved in QuickBooks® Online Import
- Import Statistics
- Deleting Imported Data
- Unsupported Scenarios
This document helps the user to know the steps involved in bringing their QuickBooks® Online data into Easy- Commission. The user has to authenticate Easy-Commission with QuickBooks® Online (one time) and bring in the data with single click. The data will be imported into Easy-Commission.
2. Import Diagrams
a) Data Mapping Diagram
- Easy-Commission is importing Reps, Invoices, Credit Memos, Customers, Vendors, Classes and Items from QuickBooks® Online. Imported Invoices and Credit Memos will be converted as transactions.
b) Conversion Flow Diagram
Based on the option chosen in the Easy-Commission Import page, Import process will import invoices to Easy- Commission and convert those to transactions.
New Invoices >> Imports the invoices with invoice date within current period and converts the imported invoices to transactions.
Paid Invoices >> Imports the fully paid invoices (considers only Receive Payments) that got paid in current period and converts the imported invoices to transactions.
Easy-Commission integration with QuickBooks® Online
3. Steps involved in QuickBooks® Online import
a) One time setup
- Authenticate Easy-Commission with QuickBooks® Online account:
Before proceeding with Import process, Easy-Commission needs to be authenticated with QuickBooks® Online account.
Click on the “Authenticate QuickBooks® Online Company” link available in the import from QuickBooks® Online page. A new page will be opened and it will be asking for the Intuit® App Center account credentials. These pages are developed as per the new Intuit® standards.
A new window will open and it will show the “Connect To QuickBooks” button.
Clicking on the “Connect To QuickBooks” button will require the Intuit® App Center authentication and it will be redirected to Intuit pages.
Provide the Intuit® App Provide the Intuit® App Center login credentials to the page and click on the “Sign In” button. Intuit® will list out all the QuickBooks® Online companies associated with the Intuit® App Center account.
Choose the QuickBooks® Online company which is required to import into Easy-Commission. If you haven’t more than one QuickBooks® Online companies then the default company will be automatically selected during the process.
Click on the “Authorize” button to proceed the process. Once authorized the page will be closed and show the “Disconnect” button and “Intuit” menu in the main page. Close the window to proceed.
Once authorization is completed, the import from QuickBooks® Online page will show up the “Disconnect QuickBooks® Online Company” link and the page will show the message “Easy-Commission is authenticated with QuickBooks® Online to bring in your data. Click on the ‘Import Data’ button to initiate the import process.”
Please note that, this is one time activity.
b) Starting import process:
- Initiate Import process from “From QuickBooks® Online” page in Easy-Commission
The QuickBooks® Online import page is providing the following import options.
The import options are,
New Invoices >> This option will import all of the invoices that are invoiced in current period.
Paid Invoices >> This option will import all of the invoices that got paid in current period.
In the Advanced options we have,“Consider Class as Sales Rep in Easy-Commission”
QuickBooks® Online doesn’t have Sales Rep object in the system. By checking this option, the import process will bring in the classes from QuickBooks® Online into Easy-Commission and create them as Sales Reps.
Choose any one of the options based on your commission payment method.
>> Click on the “Import Data” button to initiate the import process.
After clicking on the “Import Data” button, the import process will start bring in the authenticated QuickBooks® Online company data to the Easy-Commission Account. The import status will be shown in the import statistics page. The import statistics page can be viewed by click on “Import Statistics” button.
5. Import Statistics
Once the QuickBooks import is done, imported records statistics will be shown in the Easy-Commission QuickBooks® Online import page. To view the statistics,
- Open the Payout Process>> Import>> From QuickBooks® Online page in Easy-Commission. Click on the "Import Statistics" button to view the statistics. A link message will also be shown during the import process is running. Clicking on the link will show the statistics page.
- The import statistics page contains the information about number of Reps, Customers, Vendors, Items, Invoices, and Credit Memos that have been imported from QuickBooks® Online, number of errors if occurred any and error details.
6. Deleting Imported Data:
Easy-Commission provides an option to delete the inserted records in the Import process. The option is available in the QuickBooks® Online import statistics page. The delete action will remove all the Reps, Invoices, Customers, Vendors, Items, Credit Memos and Transactions which got inserted in that import run.
- Delete process will not remove the records that are updated during the QuickBooks® Online import. It affects only the newly inserted records.
- It will not delete the manual entries made in Easy-Commission.
- Once the records are deleted from Easy-Commission, they will not be recovered
After clicking “Delete” button, a confirmation dialog will be displayed. Select “Ok” button to proceed with deletion.
- How the imported invoices get converted as transaction in Easy-Commission?
Based on the commission payment method that has been chosen in the import page, invoices get converted as transactions.
If Created/modified invoices means, only current period invoices will get converted as transactions.
If Paid based invoices means, current period paid invoices will get converted.
- How QuickBooks® Online payments are handled in Easy-Commission?
Easy-Commission supports Receive payments only. Rest of the payment types such as Credit Memo, Deposit and General Journal are not supported.
- Will Reps are imported to Easy-Commission?
Yes, if “Consider Class as Sales Rep in Easy-Commission” option is checked. If the option is checked then Classes in QuickBooks® Online will be created as Sales Rep in Easy-Commission.
- What happens if Invoice number in QuickBooks® Online is empty?
While importing invoices, if an invoice in QuickBooks® Online is not having the Invoice number(#) then the Invoice number will be substituted with "[Unknown]". When the invoice number is updated in QuickBooks® Online it will be populated to Easy-Commission in the re-import process.
- Will Easy-Commission calculates Gross Profit?
Yes. Easy-Commission calculates Gross Profit for the imported invoices using the formula Sales Amount - Cost where Cost = Quantity * Unit_Cost of Item. Easy-Commission does not look at other cost data such as Purchase Orders or Bills.
- Will Easy-Commission import invoice lines which do not have item name/quantity?
- Yes. If the invoice is missing item and quantity, Easy-Commission will still import that line. But if the invoice line has all these fields as blanks (Item, quantity, price and amount), then the line will be ignored.
- How do I delete the invoices that got imported wrongly?
Easy-Commission provides a specific “Delete” functionality which will delete all the inserted invoices, reps, customers, vendors and items. The “Delete” option will be available in the import statistics page. Caution: only new "inserted" records will be deleted; records that had their values updated, will not be reversed back to their original values.
- Will closed transactions in Easy-Commission get updated in Import process?
No, closed transactions will not be updated during the Import process. Transactions in Easy-Commission are 'Closed' after commissions are calculated and the commission period is closed out
- Can I import from multiple QuickBooks® Online companies?
Yes. But before importing of data from different QuickBooks® Online companies, it needs to be authenticated and its one time setup.
- Did Easy-Commission import my Credit card and other personal information from QuickBooks® Online?
No. Easy-Commission doesn’t import any of the personal information such as credit cards.Does Import process bring the Country information from QuickBooks® Online?
- Yes. Easy-Commission import the country names from QuickBooks® Online based on the country name matching. If QuickBooks® Online country name matches with Easy-Commission country name then its corresponding code will be updated and shown in the customer page.
- QuickBooks Online does not have a sales rep page, so I have planned to maintain my Reps in Easy-Commission customer page; can the import take it from there and associate to related transaction?
Yes. To auto populate Reps from Customer to transaction, keep the "Consider class as SalesRep" option in Import from QuickBooks Online page unchecked and then initiate the import.
9. Unsupported Scenarios
Currently, Easy-Commission does not support the below scenarios.
- While importing invoices, Easy-Commission doesn't support Adjustments (prior period invoices get modified in current period, etc), Voiding invoices scenarios.
- While fetching Paid invoices, Easy-Commission doesn't consider payments happened through Credit memo, Deposit and Journal payments.
- Data from other objects such as Sales order, Bills, Estimates, Checks, Purchase Orders, Sales Receipts data are not imported to Easy-Commission.
- Scenarios like making Invoice paid by setting up discounts are not handled.