What is Easy-Commission?
Easy-Commission is a simple and flexible sales commission software that's easy to use and cost effective to implement. It offers the key features, benefits, and functionality that you are looking for. It is a web-hosted product that lets you setup a commission plan, and track and calculate sales commissions for sales people independently.
Sales Commissions drive the performance of sales people in most companies. For highly motivated sales people, it is important to be able to calculate and track commissions accurately and on time. Easy-Commission helps you do just that. Easy-Commission solves the major issues for most companies in calculating and paying out sales commissions.
Easy-Commission is a simple and easy to use application given the complex nature of commissions.
Easy-Commission is designed to import data from external systems but it can also operate as a stand-alone application.
- Import customers, and products from external files.
- Import transactions such as invoices or sales orders from external files.
- Import data from Excel, and fixed or delimited text files.
- Import data from QuickBooks® files installed locally on client machines.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or delimited text file formats.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Provide leads in the system for sales reps. Or sales reps can add their own leads
- Leads can be qualified and converted to Customer and Opportunities
- Customer contacts can be maintained
- Opportunities can be tracked through sales stages until closed
- Customer interaction notes can be maintained in the system
- Customer records can be ‘owned’ by the sales rep with visibility only to them
- Create sales funnel reports
- Create opportunity stage reports.
The Easy-Commission plan describes what your sales commission plan is all about.
- Setup plans for any calendar. Calculate payouts weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly.
- Setup calendars for other frequencies.
- Setup calendars starting at any date of the year.
- Model one reps' plan from another rep's.
- Create unique plans for every rep with very specific commission rates.
- Split credit between multiple reps.
- Setup many commissions for a single plan.
- Include draws and guarantees.
- Calculate straight commissions, tiered commissions, bonuses, etc.
- Pay different commissions by product, customer, or by type of sales.
- Calculate based on sales, profit, and quantity.
- Pay sales people as well as managers.
- Generate detailed commission statements by rep.
- Historical commission statements are available.
- A standard set of reports are available in the system.
- New reports can be created within the system.
Analytics and Dashboard
- Analytics allows a multi-dimensional view of all your data.
- Slice and dice analytical ability..
- View performance according to rep, product, incentive, or period.
Sales Commission Plans
Sales Commission is a standard way of compensating sales people in most businesses. Unlike standard compensation methods such as Hourly Salary or Exempt Salary, where employees are paid either by the hour or on an agreed upon rate per year, sales commissions are dynamically calculated based on the performance of the sales person. Sales commissions are also variously known as pay-for-performance, sales compensation, incentive compensation, variable pay, etc.
Sales commission programs are possibly the most variable programs conducted by a firm. These programs tend to vary significantly from industry to industry, and many times within companies in an industry. These programs tend to be different by employees even within a single firm. Unlike regular salary programs, sales commissions tend not to be governed by a lot of laws and rules, and this adds further variability to the programs. Variations can include the kind of performance being incented (Revenue vs. Gross Profit), the frequency of calculation (Monthly Vs. Quarterly), the type of transactions being incented (Sales orders Vs. Invoices Vs. Payments), the level of salespeople being incented (Sales Rep Vs. Sales Manager), whether Draw or Cap is being used, and so on.
Reduce errors in sales commission calculation. Calculating commissions in Excel, Spreadsheets or other manual processes are highly prone to errors. A systematic, professional approach like Easy-Commission can help reduce errors that may creep in during calculation. You not only save money, but also gain your employees' trust.
Allowing your sales people to directly access the system online, may give them clear access to their commission statements. This will build trust with the sales force.
Direct Integration with QuickBooks® and Other Files
If you are a QuickBooks® user, you have an added advantage. You save a lot of time and effort in bringing the data into Easy-Commission. You also get to avoid dual typing as well as errors.
Timely Payment of Commissions
Manual calculation processes consume a lot of time and can delay the distribution of commissions badly. An automated system for commission lets you calculate commissions on time.Web-based access systems allow real time visibility to commissions to your sales people. This may allow them to better understand order flow and customer payment information and shorten the payment cycles from the customer.
Even the most beneficial and well-designed plans may fail to serve their purpose if the payment details are not properly communicated. Easy-Commission can generate accurate and clear statements. This avoids confusion among the sales people and lets them focus on sales activities.
Easy-Commission encompasses the ability to report comprehensively on sales and commissions. Additional information such as customer, product and invoice data can also be exposed to the rep to provide better decision making by the rep. An analytical component introduces slice and dice analysis of data maintained in the system.
"CellarStone, Inc. Specializes in Enterprise Incentive Management (EIM), an umbrella term covering business processes and systems that are used to administer Pay- For-Performance programs. This includes Sales Commission Programs, Variable Pay and Bonus Programs, Executive Compensation Programs, Channel Incentive Programs, etc".